Why choose Informit?
Informit is the premier source of core research and professional resources from leading Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific publishers, associations and peak professional bodies. Content is carefully selected, digitised and organised across a range of full text and index databases. These cover a diverse range of subjects including health, education, engineering, law and public affairs.
» 70+ databases to choose from
» Two thirds of Informit content is exclusive to Informit
» 500+ content partners
» 8 million index, abstract and full text articles
» 10 million+ article searches performed globally each year
» Free access for over 60 developing countries to Informit Health Collection as part of the World Health Organization’s HINARI project
Features & Benefits
- » Core Content - access essential information from authoritative publishers and peak professional associations.
- » Unique material - get a fuller picture by exploring specialist journals and grey literature unavailable elsewhere online
- » Diverse Sources - widen your search to include conference reports, magazines, eBooks and broadcast media
- » Established - access important archive content thanks to extensive backfiles
- » Fast, relevant results - find previously hard to find material quickly thanks to deep indexing
- » Accessible – explore a subject by browsing resources by title or by article
- » Seamless – search multiple Informit databases at once
- » Personalised – track content of interest to you with email alerts, RSS and search history tools
Additional Features & Benefits for librarians
- » Discoverable» – Informit content can be found via Google Scholar, federated search services and discovery services including Trove (National Library of Australia), WorldCat Local (OCLC), Primo (Ex Libris), Summon (Serials Solutions) and EBSCO Discovery Services.
- » Integrated – link to Informit content from your library catalogue
- » Measured – monitor COUNTER compliant usage statistics using Informit Admin
- » Customised – manage display options, linking preferences and authentication options with Informit Admin
- » Remote access – support users working outside the library
Who else subscribes?
Current Informit subscribers include all Australian universities and state libraries, most hospitals, federal and state government departments, many corporate and legal organisations, TAFE institutes, and hundreds of public and school libraries. We are also expanding our international reach with a recent increase in subscribers in Singapore, Hong Kong, India, United Kingdom and South Africa. Through Informit, RMIT Publishing has consistently provided subscribers with essential, easy-to-find content they can rely on.